About Rusk Eating House
In 1977, RUSK Eating House, Inc. became the first all-female eating house to join
Patterson Court at Davidson College. Eating houses at Davidson are non-nationally
affiliated social and dining organizations.
RUSK was named after Dean Rusk, Class of 1931 and Secretary of State during the
Kennedy and Johnson administrations.
RUSK was formed to give women, admitted to the college for the first time in 1972, a
place to congregate and build relationships with one another. It would also serve as a
springboard from which members could better serve Davidson College and the
community at large.
RUSK builds upon this mission today while maintaining strong connections with its
alumni and past.
Our Values: Sincerity, Community, and Acceptance
Our Mascot: The Rusky Cow!
House Colors: Pink and Blue
Our Charity Focus
Rusk's charity focus is on food insecurity and hunger in the
Davidson and greater Charlotte area. Please click on the
Service page to learn more!
Root for Ruskies all the way!
Number One: We're lots of fun!
Throw it back until it's done!
Party hardy everyday,
Hot damn body slam!
We love Rusk!
Follow us on social media!
Food Instagram: @huskyruskies